View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2019, 08:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Due to the -23F° air temperature with -53F° wind chill on Wednesday, I took the day off work. No reason to take a chance with my vehicle that has 190K miles on it.

That said, since it's been too long since last playing TWD, I figured I'd set it up. I had room on my 6x4 table that already had half of it taken up by a setup for The Drowned Earth. I grabbed one of my 2x2 Deep Cut Studios mats, a building from 4Ground and some new vehicles I haven't played with yet.

Also, I had created a custom card for myself, wife and twin daughters, and hadn't tried them yet. I had also painted up some models to represent us. I figured it would be a good time to take them for a spin as well. Between our base cost and equipment, we wound up at 199 points.

We entered from a corner, and there were 6 objective tokens placed (with one inside the garage ). Also started with 14 walkers but none in the garage. Those would be randomly added whenever entering the building.

Besides trying to get 4 of 6 of the objective tokens searched, the goal was to get one of the vehicles started. The character would have to be in base contact with the vehicle and as well as being next to the front half of it. There is only one opportunity to succeed for each vehicle, that's why I had my character with a wrench that could reroll a repair attempt. The only exception to the one repair action attempt, would be the car inside the garage, as there would be more tools and parts inside.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get any vehicles started before losing because of threat. There was an alarm event early on and only the food truck and small car next to the garage were eligible because of our proximity to the others. I randomly got the small car as the one with the alarm. It was good in and way because of getting some walkers out of the way, but that extra raise of threat, in addition to the one for playing solo, really made things ramp up after a while, and our hold nerve rolls were crappy.

My wife's character had a pistol but only used it early when threat was really low and before the alarm event. Had some melee early to make room, but tried to avoid it as much as possible later as the threat got up there, but couldn't help it sometimes due to events.

Fun game, and since I lost, I can try it again and see how far I get.

The minis for our characters are from a game called Mercs Recon that I had kickstarted a few years ago. The 2 with pistols are the low level security forces in that game, while the other 2 are office worker civilians from the game.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon