View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2018 Results

There is no "partial scoring" meta, though. That was my point.

In order to profit from the edge you would get with the Mezzos, you would need to bring them, and then go to time, and then have some number of them left that it affected the outcome favorably. Which probably means making tactical decisions in-game to use markers to preserve them, when perhaps otherwise you would let them go. That situation would be exceedingly rare. You are much, much better off taking whatever advantages you get from bringing the army you think is most likely to help you win your games, without regard to exoskeleton markers.

So there's no partial card scoring meta, as far as I've ever noticed.

On the other hand, there *is* a full card scoring meta, in that in-game tactics can often be affected by the timing during the game. If time is getting near then suddenly the game becomes about wiping out wounded heroes & squads, and preserving the same, rather than just continuing the game in the ordinary course until time is called.

Partial card scoring is better. I am mindful that it adds a bit of time after a game to score it correctly, but I think the advantages of partial card scoring outweigh that very slight cost.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =