View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:33 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
In other news, finally finished Daredevil. Good stuff. No complaints. Excited about the metric ton of possibilities for Season 3.

What's next in the Netflix Superhero cycle? Iron Fist?
You didn't watch the Luke Cage teaser that pops up after you complete the last episode of DD S2 then? Luke Cage is this Fall, with Iron Fist starting filming soon with an expected release next Spring. Not sure if they are going to do any thing else before the Defenders Mini Series or not.
No. It didn't pop up for me when I watched it through my blu-ray or through my computer .... where do I find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Snyder is definitely a love-him-or-hate-him kinda guy, but I think - by most critical measures - he's not a good director. His best movies, Watchman and 300, are so directly cribbed from their source material that his contributions generally do more harm than good. He's better than Schumacher for sure, and I would accept that he's as good if not better than Tim Burton (whose batting average isn't exactly great nowadays - as much as I love Ed Wood and Mars Attacks!).

He's style over substance, but if you like his style, it'll compensate for a lot of his shortcomings with theme and story. I can get that.

But Goyer... Goyer is a trash writer. He has "Story By" credits in TDK and TDKR, which are effectively meaningless in reference to the actual quality of the screenplay, leaving his only contribution to that franchise a co-writer credit on Batman Begins. Every other movie he's ever made a real contribution to has been absolute trash. Occasionally entertaining trash - like Blade! - but trash all the same. The man who brought The Crow: City of Angels, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and Blade: Trinity to the screen cannot be called good, or even decent. Subpar is generous.

I could write a better script than Goyer. I think nine out of ten people on this forum could writer a better script than Goyer if we gave them a shot. Grab a random dude of the street and you've got at least a 50/50 shot of getting a better script than Goyer.
Then why aren't you working in Hollywood?

I've done some screenwriting for a class in grad school. It's really hard. I think I did OK. I'm sure I could do better.

I think sometimes as fans we're too eager to completely trash people who pour their lives into their projects. We're a bit too much in a rush to be cynical and hold everyone to such high standards that we always have an opportunity to sneer down our noses at them.

I haven't seen half the movies you reference above. I guess I'll take your word on being generous. I guess I'm just saying we could all be a bit more generous and positive.

A story about characters I really enjoy is coming to the big screen. I'm sure it won't be perfect. I'll be coming in with a fairly low set of expectations. But I expect to enjoy it because I'm going to be open to enjoying it and I'm going to let myself appreciate the things it does well and the fun it has.

Maybe for you the fun is being confident you can do a better job than those folks who are paid big bucks for it? If so, I hope you pursue those dreams and get to live them. And if and when you do, I hope the fans of what you're working on are generous and positive.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.