View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:18 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: C3V/SoV-inclusive Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Although I haven't used her, I'm not quite sure Arashara deserves a B+, much less any B grade at all. She really doesn't seem like she can do enough to earn her points. If she were ranged, then I might change my tune, but as is all you can do with her turn is chance a Shifting Sands roll and a melee attack of 4. Her being pretty frail also means that using her attack might be an effective way of blowing two-fifths of a standard army. I'm not saying that she's a waste of points (I'm sure than in a Roman build, she'll be used to get your soldiers turtling very easily even after some wounds have been put on them), but I would think that more soldiers would be better. Or at least more durable Warlords.
Romans (and Sacred Band) are quite cheap, so an expensive bonding hero is feasible for them at regular point totals.

Shifting Sands is an incredibly versatile power. You can move Raelin or other non-bonding cheerleaders around without wasting OMs by sand shifting them with Arashara or with squad figures. You can assassinate opposing cheerleaders or hoeroes by yanking them into the middle of a pack of Romans/Greeks. You can steal glyphs from opponents with ease. You can toss opposing figures on lava fields on turn 3. You can switch opposing figures to low ground, a-la Warforged. The list goes on.

And yes, it sucks when your 200 point figure dies quickly, which can happen. That's why she's not in the "A" range.