View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2020, 09:56 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby! toyhandle rolls all skulls baby!
Re: C3G Promotions Dept. | FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS - Green Energy

I LOL'd opening Ch'p's book. Never seen that design interpretation. Only (slightly) familiar with the character as he looks in the mini pictured in Arch-vile's post. Going to have to play a game of Cat vs Rodent, although at 50pts ahead, I think Dex-Starr has the upper hand.

And I was going back and forth between Guardians making sure I ddn't miss any differences beside SI and Broome's baldness. Very appropriate, and pretty humorous release overall.

Not familiar with Simon Baz at all, but he looks really fun, and I'll have to pit him against Batman since he seems confident.

Baz's costume reminded me of the Comedian's riot costume, Marshal Law's costume, as well as one of Law's enemies, Suicida.

Marshal Law, for those who don't know, has been described as parody/satire of the 90's, but originating in the 80's.

The reception portion of Baz on Wikipedia cites A.V. Club's Oliver Sava, who "comments that Baz shares a lot in common with the "gritty" superheroes of the 1990s, stating: "Baz isn’t so much a character as he is a series of clichés and coincidences."'

The phrase '"gritty" superheroes of the 1990s" links to the Modern Age of Comics wiki page, which is headed by a picture of Watchmen's cover, so it all came together in that way for me.

I could be way off, and am not in any way criticizing this character I don't know much about. Marshal Law and Watchmen are two of my favorites, and I just thought that was interesting.