View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2020, 01:05 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I finally got to play a tabletop game today after a stint of what seems like forever. Probably a month or so ago I got some modern zombicide to the table a few times with my newly painted miniatures. I played a few scenarios with my nephew when he was down. It was somewhat fun but I think I prefer the fantasy version to it. I played a scenario or two by myself afterwards and was kind of bummed and put it away. This evening my wife insisted that we play one of my games. We have all been really sick with Covid for the past few weeks. I hear that it doesn't bother some people too bad, but when it swept through my family it was pretty devastating. I still feel crumby after a couple weeks of feeling like I'm going to die. The first week was hands down the worse, but its been hanging on to us for a few weeks now with all of us feeling miserable except my daughter. My wife is sick of watching tv and said she would play a game as long as it didn't take too long. I know she likes The Walking Dead so I took the opportunity to try out Walking Dead Call to arms. I let her pick group first. She picked the Atlanta Group picking Rick, Shane, Tyrese, and Michonne. I picked Negans group and picked Negan, Laura, Dwight, Sherry, and also patrick from the generic ruthless group of survivors. It was a simple skirmish where I proceeded to run my entire group down the center of the board and shoot up half of her survivors before closing in on them and beating them to death with Negan bearing lucille at the lead. I won by VP's handily but also killed enough of her crew to win by the end of round 4. It was ok. It was a bit better than All out war rules wise, but just seemed really anti climatic. It was kind of Meh to play. I'll have to admit, I've been in a funk lately. The crap weather, the constant sickness, and the lack of general fun has really put a crunch on me. At least I got the urge to play the walking dead out of my system for the time being. I think out of the different skirmish wargames I have, I think Legion has the superior battle system. I have 3d printed a ton of legion stuff that needs paint. I may also get a game of legion in maybe tomorrow if my brother can make it out to my place. Hope you all had a good christmas and are having more games and fun than I'm experiencing at the moment.