View Single Post
Old December 3rd, 2018, 07:18 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Orc's Power Rankings

After updating my Tier List got me thinking a lot about units and here are some of my 2 cents on some units in your list. There's a lot of units that I think are one place up or down in regard to your respective ranking, but I don't want to nitpick and list a million units. if it's just one spot away from where I think it is, it's not a huge deal. But here are some that I think are several spots in different placements if I were ranking in your list:

(obviously we disagree on Laglor, and you know my feelings on the Hive)

Deathwalker 8K/Deathwalker 9K: C- ->B- or B. Deathwalkers aren't really that bad of figures and are actually pretty good with rats and other screens. Deathwalker 9K and Trons isn't horrible, either. Not great but way better than C- I'd say.

Dzu-Teh: C- -> B-. They're never played because HSB are just better, but the Dzu Teh actually have decent stats for their cost, regardless that their abilities all revolve around TT. And if you happen to land on a TT map they're good. At least a C+ unit.

Brandis Skyhunter: C+ -> D or F (other things should be F, too, like Pelloth, imo). This unit's horrible, one of the worst in the game in my opinion. Basically just a slightly better Pelloth. He was meant to be a Raelin assassin, but with 5 range he won't do anything to her. In flying matchups he's slightly more usable, but, you could say that on Dungeon maps Pelloth is more usable. And how often do you face a swarm of Valkyrie or Wyrmlings? Wyrmlings are the more plausible case but still a 5 ranged single attack of 3 hero for 90 points? His other ability is extremely rare, might as well not be there. I think that's really really bad.

Sir Dupuis: C+ -> B. I think he's a lot better and more usable with PK's. Not a bad thing to have an 8 move figure that can swing with 7 or even 8 dice at your disposal, despite him being 150. Maybe B is too high but I think C+ is certainly too low.

Erevan Sunshadow: C+ -> C- or D. Just a bad figure that doesn't do anything. He has neat abilities but the SA is basically best as just a single attack of 4. Fey Step doesn't really reward you with anything. All in all he's a 2/2 5-life that has a single attack of 4 at 5 range for 80pt.

Jotun: C -> B-. Personally I think Jotun isn't unusable like a lot of people think but I understand why he typically gets ranked so low. He has a lot against him for 225pt. But, he has 8 attack and 4 def with 7 life, a SA that can hit more than one thing, and Throw. I think he's quite usable with rats, or PK's, or even potentially other things like Cutters or Dividers. At least a C+...personally I think B-.

Master Win Chiu Woo: C+ -> C-. He works with Monks, which are bad enough. If you want to use the Monks and have a shot at winning, you don't have the points for him. If you want to use Master Woo, you don't have the points for Monks, he's better off as just a beatstick hero for 140. And I think that's about a C-.

Pelloth: C -> F. Already talked about Brandis, and he's a worse version of him. Personally I think Deathwalker 7k has more uses than a few other figures, but he's obviously really bad as well...I think Pelloth should join the lowest tier too. I also think Shiori, Obsidians, Groks, and Brandis belong in the lowest tier. But the lowest tier is kind of both D/F with how things are listed and this list is calibrated, so yeah, I'd drop Pelloth to F or D.

Feral Troll: B- -> C-/D. He gets eaten alive by squads and honestly I don't think I'd bet on him vs a lot of heroes. I just don't see very many situations where you want him and to spend a bunch of order markers regenerating with him. Would be a pretty fun hero if he cost less, but 90pt. makes him a terrible figure.

Werewolf Lord: B- -> C-/C. Abilities only work against heroes and it's hard to coordinate to use it effectively. It will rarely happen where his abilities will be effective. Too expensive to play with Wolves of Badru (also too expensive) and vice versa if you're looking to win, kind of the same thing with Master Woo and the Monks, like I said. (same with Kiova and IE haha)

Water Elemental: B+ -> B-. I feel like if you're going to run Kurrok and Elementals, you should run Firestorm. Not a bad figure but is it worth it over another/more Fire(s) (assuming you have the points)? Maybe B but I think B+ is too high, it's definitely not on the same level as the Fire.

Emirroon: B -> C+. If you're going to run Elf Wizards, you have to spend the 80pt. on Raelin, or at least on other things to compensate your weaknesses like rats x2. I think in 500pt.-600pt. settings, Emirroon is never the way to go. Maybe in much higher point games he can be added, but I think his benefit isn't a necessity and the points you desperately need for something else.

Also think Mimring, Taelord, Su-Bak-Na, and Shurrak are too low at B-, each of which I could see an argument for as high as B+, but most are probably B. Because I said I wasn't going to list anything that was only 1 spot away from where I would move them I didn't list them, but these 4 stood out to me, especially Mimring. Felt it was worth mentioning.

Master of the Hunt and Tul-Bak-Ra also seem to low at C+. Master of the Hunt is actually a decent hero to run with your squads and to answer strong heroes you're worried about. TBR isn't bad with Dividers, it's nice having your Dividing board control spread out even more. But, not sure if they're higher than a B-, so I'm just mentioning them at the end here.

All in all it's pretty good.

Last edited by Cleon; December 3rd, 2018 at 07:44 AM.