View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2021, 01:40 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Hey @Tai-Pan , thanks for sharing your custom!

First off, I want to say I really like this design. Mechanically everything fits together really well, and it seems like he'd facilitate a really fun and unique playstyle.

I'm curious what planet he is from; I'm assuming Earth wouldn't work given the fantastical nature of his abilities.

As much as I love this design mechanically though, I've got serious reservations about sending this miniature through the SoV process as a standalone design. Historically, the only SoV miniatures that have been sold as part a larger set were extra minis from sets that the C3V had already committed to using. I'd really prefer not to send this lone design through SoV and require people to spend $20 for a single SoV design, when there's no guarantee or even any potential plans that VC will use any of the other figures from that box.

That being said, I'd love to see this design either submitted using a different miniature, or submitted along with 5 or so other designs from the AotP set. For the former route, I think this mini could be promising, although I also think you should be able to find plenty of other "knight with shield" minis fairly easily:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, if you'd like to keep working on more VC compatible designs using the AotP minis, you might be interested in the Arena of the Valkyrie project. That project is working on a complete VC-compatible Master Set using the prepainted figures from the three AotP boxes, and (in my biased opinion) is doing some great work. Things have slowed down a bit lately as we had a couple prominent members take a step back from the site, but I'm hopeful that things will pick up a bit after the holidays, and we always welcome feedback on any of the designs in progress. If that sounds like something you'd be interested, start at the Welcome Thread and feel free to tag me if you have any questions!