View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2021, 03:50 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Custom Weather Deck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Interesting. Kind of weird as the duration is quite variable, could be a turn or a round or a whole game.
Really needs rules for how they activate.
This could really be expanded.

C3G has Weather Glyphs if anyone is looking for more inspiration.
Was thinking the same when looking at the 1 turn stuff. (Tsunami specifically with its OM removal). I'm guessing that its intended as shorter activating weather, and that you'd continue to draw after each round. Though I really don't like the OM removal if that's the case, at the very start of the round. And not sure why Magical Atmosphere isn't just 1 round.

I'll have to check that out. Could help refine a few things here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I really like this idea. It looks fun.

I glanced through and noticed misspellings of "bonuses" and "descends." Five spaces from any water tile is a *huge* reach for Tsunami. You also might want to offer thematic protection to ice & snow based units in the Blizzard card, as you did elsewhere for other units.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, for catching those. I'll see if I can correct them in photoshop. I'm not the creator of these cards, I bought these almost 5 years ago online.

Tsunami definitely worries me the most and both parties should be aware if it is being used in the deck. I would only personally use it if it were played on an ocean styled map with a lot of bordering water since it doesn't make sense to me with smaller amounts of water or ponds/rivers. What range do you think might be more fair?.. 4 or 3? I could see a snow movement exemption for snow moving figures. Will try and put that in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's a really neat idea that could probably use some streamlining and balancing!
Definitely.
Hopefully, with some community feedback, these can be refined into something better!