View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2012, 01:00 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape's Birthday 8/8/2004 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
Last January, I mentioned in a different thread, the idea of giving Heroscape a birth date and suggested it be 8/8/2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ View Post
So this is where it all begins. The IT LIVES!!!! post by hero tells me the general public could not get this in June or July. Scrolling through the snapshots, it seems the game's introduction was done at both ComiCon (7/22-25) and GenCon (8/19-22) 2004. In between the two conventions, there's a post by hero titled IT'S HERE!!!! on 8/8/2004 where he says he bought a master set at WalMart. I'm guessing it first hit store shelves in the previous week; so August is good enough for me. I vote we make 8/8/2004 the birth date for Heroscape based on hero's IT'S HERE!!! post on HS.Net.
I like the idea of using the date hero first purchased a master set as Heroscape's birth date. Another date could be the game's official publication, which I believe was in June 2004, but I'm not sure what the exact publication date is yet.

What do you guys think? Should we give Heroscape a birth date?
I second Xorlorf's date (7/7/2004) because Hero said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero
I got myself a copy, through begging and wheedling.
It's the birthdate of HeroScape fandom; the proud papa, after months and weeks of anticipation, blurry shelf pics, etc., finally brings the bouncing baby boy home from the hospital. He's got it in his hands, and now he's telling The Whole World! about it.