View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:48 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Fyorlag Spiders: Entangle discussion

Entangle seems to have a few interesting twists to it, and I'm interested in everyone's thoughts.

-----------------
One thought I had is that Entangle offers the highest probability of success at the beginning of a round:

("Wait, isn't it always a 25% chance of success?")

That depends what you mean by success. There is a 25% chance of removing an unrevealed order marker, but which order marker? If you are interested in removing an actual turn marker (1, 2, or 3), that probability decreases as the round goes on.

Here are the probabilities of removing an actual turn, depending on how many unrevealed order markers the opponent has left:

Four: .25*(3/4) = 3/16 = .1875 (or 18.75%)
Three: .25*(2/3) = 2/12 = .1667 (or 16.67%)
Two: .25*(1/2) = 1/8 = .125 (or 12.5%)
One: Zero (only the X is left)

Caution: This assumes you haven't already had a successful entangle earlier in the round. If you have, then these change depending on what marker you removed.

Still, if you're banking on taking turns away from your opponent, I think you should usually try it earlier in the round.

------------------

Of course, taking the X off Shiori or Spartacus could be helpful, too. And in any case, taking of the X could help you figure out who is probably moving this round.

------------------

A separate point/question: At first i was thinking Entangle was a great way to counter the use of multiple commons. All the order markers are on that card, and as soon as the spiders get in range they are stealing markers. Now I'm thinking that may not be the case, but am having a tough time coming to a conclusion. Thoughts?

Last edited by fomox; June 20th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.