View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthSuitStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja
ive actually only played WITHOUT turn markers for the most part. its not bad at all. moves really fast and like stated make large point battles move much faster. i also think it brings alot more strategy into it because you cant even get a hint of what the enemy is going to do and vice versa. they could react to a trap a lot sooner than they could if using turn markers. we still go 3 rounds is a turn and roll for initative though.
I usually play this way, except we roll for initiative once and that's how the game starts.

It is true that certain units, Spartacus, Dund, etc. that have abilities that relate to the order markers become overpriced, but we don't usually choose those units for games anyway.

In reality, I prefer this way, but I do play with an eight-year-old mostly. He usually makes really bad choices with his order markers so we just got rid of them altogether.
we used to just follow the initial initiative roll (sounds cool) but some ppl complained so we adjusted accordingly. and i feel the same way about characters like dund. i dont use them in game with turn markers in the first place so there is no loss there either.we actually have a lot variations on the rules. we determine height advantage by the figures head and not the base. it seems kinda silly to give drake height advantage over braxas for one hex when she is still cleary over his head. but that only comes into play if the base level is different. so in essance you need higher base and higher head.