View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2019, 04:31 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: [Pod 0] Ozuul (Eldrazi Ruiner) - Editing

I showed the current stage of our designs to a less experienced 'scape player looking specifically for feedback on complexity/comprehension.

The response to Ozuul was actually quite positive. While they noted that Gravity Pull is a little wordy, they felt that the power's name communicated its intent clearly enough that it's usage would be clear. My impression of this is that Gravity Pull as-written is a power that they would be able to grasp how and when to use fairly intuitively while referring back to the card in order to settle the actual mechanics of it. In other words, complexity wouldn't stand in the way of the power actually being used, it would just slow down the process of using it somewhat.

I also got the sense that Ozuul has a certain attention-grabbing 'cool' factor to his design in the current stage that might not be as strong if we take a simplified direction.

This is only one perspective, though, and it's from a former MtG judge. More fresh eyes would still be useful to us here.