View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Mystique (II) (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Alright, so what we’ve got in the SP is the design that was voted on, but during the vote some changes were discussed in the Public Design Post:
1) There was a general agreement that Mystique’s Life, Attack, and Defense numbers should be moved up to 5. Range was also suggested, but I believe this design works better as melee; my reasons are mostly summed-up in the second paragraph HERE. Any additional thoughts here?
At least Life of 5 to match the original. I do think increasing Attack and Defend make sense. It's either that or give her Master Martial Artist or equivalent.

Quote:
2) Bats voiced that the power name “Shapeshift” was too close to Super-Ape’s (Igor) “Shapeshifting”. The only alternate suggestion made in the Public Design Post was “Shapeshifting Impersonation”, to make it similar to Chameleon’s “Impersonate”, which has a very similar mechanic. Any other suggestions?
How about copying Chameleon's "Impersonate" completely and then giving Mystique a short third power that allows her to Impersonate a Small or Large figure as while.
Quote:
3) Multiple members in the Public Design Post felt the rolls for Outcast Assault were too high, which I agreed with. My current preference here is to change the rolls to 1-7 (nothing happens), 8-17 (1 Outcast), 18+ (2 Outcasts). What this achieves is it makes her a much more consistent leader, almost always activating 1 Outcast, with the potential for none or 2. Thoughts? Remember, Mystique is intended to rely on Destiny, who adds 3 to all her rolls.
The numbers as they stand means she has less then 50% chance to ever command a second Outcast. With this being her leading power, it makes it difficult to draft her. However with Destiny it is not too bad. I do believe a small decrease to this is needed. Maybe 1-9 (nothing), 10-17 (1 outcast) and 18+ (2 outcasts).
Quote:
4) It was agreed that this Mystique’s cost should be aimed higher than the originals, my preference is for the 185-215 range, and preferably being a 5-cost so she rounds out Destiny’s points. Assuming some or all of the above changes are made, her cost will most definitely come up.
I like the idea of having a higher cost Mystique.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points