View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Ant-Man - Designing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Thanks Hahma.
  1. Ant-Man leaps, and he did it often enough where it is even represented on the figure.
  2. I lost my file this morning, so I had to rewrite a lot of this stuff. And in that rewrite, I forgot to lose the level 50 aspect. It was meant to be 12. So distance of 6 and height of 12. Is that better, or should we tweak that even more?
Yes he leaps, but the most that I have ever seen him leap vertically is high enough to punch a man under the chin and horizontally only a few feet. I haven't seen anything in Wiki or Marvel Comic Database or The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe that would suggest that he has any kind of leaping power/ability. They consistently say that he retains his "normal-sized" strength when he is in shrunken state, thus being able to leap to punch a man in the chin or slightly higher or leap a few feet as he would in full size form, just like anyone of us might.

That's as much as I'm going to say about it, as I don't want to argue about it. It's just my opinion for what it's worth and I will support whatever direction the group wants to go.
I was strongly under the impression that the guy could leap... I will research it more and ask Spidey as well.

Your last comment is confusing and alarming to me. I never thought for a second that we were "arguing" or heading that way. Have I given that impression? I will support the group as well, as I always have, but I don't want you to shut down either. Right now, your the only guy talking to me about the design. You care about the character and I think that is important. Don't be so sensitive dude, because I want to keep this dialog going.