View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

A other games from Dice Tower Con:

Specter Ops - definitely enjoyed this one. If you like hidden movement games, this is great. It's different from others, because it adds in some combat and special powers that make it feel over interactive and less of just a guessing game. It's on the wishlist (if only my wife/daughter had liked it more...).

Nations: The Dice Game - enjoyed this as well. I feel like it's a nice step up from something like Roll Through the Ages. I like the process of building your civilization, though I'll admit that it still felt a bit too truncated. It's on my interested list.

Goblins Drool, Fairies Rule - quite a fun, thoughtful (though lighter) card game. It's a good family/kids game that requires some fun thinking. (I worry that if you owned it you might be able to begin to memorize the backsides of cards, though).

Red7 - I've played before (and liked it), but it was fun to teach my wife and play again. It's a brainburner and some turns it just won't go well for you, but if you want a really thought-inducing card game that plays fairly fast, this is it. If you only play a quick one-off, it's good, but I think it's better if you play it to a score, as recommended in the rules and if you use the variant that gives you a card draw if you play a larger card to the center. This is on my buy list.

Camel Up - I liked this quite a bit--but as a lighter game. A tricky betting game that hard to master--just so much going on. I love the fun, silly, and yet still meaningful actions and choices. It's hard to win, but I've enjoyed every game of it! (Bought it at the DTC Flea Market.)

Mayday! Mayday! - a challenging social deduction game where you are trying to figure out who is a bomber on the plane and stop them from entering the cockpit. Never released in the US (wonder why!), but quite a tough social game.

I also purchased Rattlebones and Steam Park--two of my favorites in the family-style game category. Rattlebones is a carnival setting where you are actually building your dice--changing the sides as you gain new powers for your dice (quirky and fun) and Steam Park has you building up an amusement park for robots (sort of like Zooleretto), as you try to attract new robots to your park, all the while trying to keep yourself from drowning in dirt. I like the frantic dice-rolling (to get actions and bonuses) followed by more thoughtful park building.