View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2022, 05:03 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Rules Team HQ - Open for Business

On the topic of updating cards to preserve intent and not rely on FAQ's:

Stuck should have "unless the player controlling [Name] allows that figure to be moved," as figures with Stuck often work best with figure movers. Magneto is going to want to continue throwing opponent's figures that are engaged with Blob, and the FAQ makes it clear that it was the intent.

I've played with both Scarlet Witch (I) and Jinx recently. Scarlet Witch's FAQ allowing re-rolls on special attacks dates back to 2013. At minimum, the better half of a decade had her being played this way.
As of January this year, now it's only normal attacks, and it's not super obvious to anyone already familiar with her FAQ, since the change is only mentioned on the last page.

I think the wording on the power should be adjusted to meet in the middle. Since she would have to be targeted anyway to be attacked with a normal attack, why not just update the wording to specify "when Scarlet Witch is targeted and attacked by a normal or special attack"? Matches YK's interpretation of the power in post #468, at the bottom of pg 39 in her thread. Plays like her old self, with no ambiguity on AoE Special Attacks.

Same with Jinx. She was designed based on Scarlet Witch, and designer intent was to allow re-rolls on special attacks, so that should be tweaked as well.

Also, the SP of Count Vertigo mentions that Nullify is intended to work on Special Attacks, so we should look at that.