View Single Post
Old January 28th, 2008, 09:11 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You drafted range and flyers, I drafted samurai... I forfeit

Okay, not literally. I'm just wondering about people's opinions on what seems to be the two biggest advantages in the game, range and flying. Unique samurai squads are just an example of slow, clunky figures (except Charging Assault) that can't handle high terrain. There are plenty of others as well.

Charos and Cyprien have no range, but they can handle most terrain with ease. Sonlen and Q9 can't fly, but they can pick you off before you can reach them.

Walking melee figures seem like such a gamble to me since you need hefty defense to make it close to anyone with range, or to withstand the height advantage you're going to give up to someone with flying or leaping. Can't hide from LOS if Sentinel hammers are being thrust from above. Can't get height on Q10 if ya can't reach him through all the Wrist Rockets and Machine Pistols.

I don't want to be afraid of picking Alastair, or Grimnak, or Gladiatrons, or Warriors of Ashra, or Einar....

We all like to build tall, fancy maps using as much of our hard earned terrain as possible, but this just makes it seem even more difficult to pick many many figures - namely figures without range or flying. Anyone have any advice on how to stand a chance without being forced to draft Saylind or Theracus (even they don't always help) with the melee bunches?