View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
I don't have the time, money or inclination to get involved in a new miniatures game, but I sure do like the way those look. If I was going to start dumping money into a new game, I'm pretty sure I would start with Warmachine. The Privateer booth at GenCon last year was a constant zoo of activity, so I know they're making more stuff all the time.
Thanks, IMax! Privateer Press is doing some amazing things like taking a lot of business from GW (but that's not difficult these days), running quarterly leagues with prize support and actually listening and responding to their customers. Hordes takes a lot from Warmachine Prime:Remix and changes how the game handles spells and warcasters (now called warlocks) so what you get is a different way to play yet still compatible with the original. I stayed away from Warmachine for several reasons mainly due to having few opponents but now that there is a core group of 10 to 12 dedicated players it seemed like the right move. And after playing a few games of WFB the past few weeks, I've been reminded why that game is not as appealing as it used to be (though still fun it has some serious balance issues). The new Horde/WM league starts up next month so it was the right time to jump in and start building an army. I will eventually move to building a Warmachine army but that will be down the road and will probably go for a Dwarven Merc army (stunties and warjacks!).

Newb.