View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2021, 03:01 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

I appreciate all the feedback received so far on the mutants. And I also appreciate your words of affirmation @quozl . My justification for "jackals" was that it seemed fitting especially when considering the multiple uses for the word, referenced from dictionary.com-

JACKAL noun

1. any of several nocturnal wild dogs of the genus Canis, especially C.
aureus, of Asia and Africa, that scavenge or hunt in packs.
2. a person who performs dishonest or base deeds as the follower or
accomplice of another.
3. a person who performs menial or degrading tasks for another.

Now, I'm by no means sold on Jackals, I just thought it sounded cool. Among the several drafts of this card, I have gone through many names such as "War Boys" (directly from Mad Max) and "Badlanders." Beyond the name, I have had trouble finding a good class for them. If it's advised that I utilize a current class as opposed to creating a new one, perhaps I should go with "Raiders?" "Marauders?" "Warmongers?"

Aside from the genus/class/species feedback, I'm also looking for some opinions of the abilities and stats. Here is where I'm at so far-

For anyone that doesn't already know, there are 2 Warhulks in the game so far. Motley Max and Ogre Warhulk. Obviously, the design is intended to reflect Max's realm, and if it's unthematic that they can bond with Ogre Warhulk then I'll have to revisit the design. I received some really good feedback from the Discord server regarding the abilities. I dropped the defense and added TOUGH to add some more apocalypse-esque flavor to the squad vs. just warhulk worshipers.

Another question, I'm not sold on the top sculpt (on the card) since his color is so different than the original 2 that I posted. Is another 2-man Valkrill Squad overkill?

Really looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts!