Thread: X-Wing
View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2018, 09:31 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

I'm not sure if there's any delay getting 2.0 locally, since my local-ist store shut down and I don't really frequent the others or know the owners as well.

If there's enough interest in your area to keep playing with the "old" 1.0 stuff, I'd suggest just hanging onto your stuff and continuing to play that. I would recommend trying a couple games of 2.0 anyway, though, since it will be an improved game.

You don't have to "repurchase" any ships, though you do need the conversion kit(s) and Core Set, which is probably what you meant. They tried to do their best to appease the most players by sort of splitting the difference with the conversion kits: enough ships so you can start flying with whatever you have, but not so many that more casual players aren't being taxed for hardcore fans' massive collections. That said, there are of course reasons to be disappointed no matter which camp you're in.

That said, it sounds like you have a number of players in your area, and if enough are even partially interested in 2.0, you should absolutely discuss splitting/trading conversion kit contents. For example:

Players 1, 2, and 3 each buy an Imperial conversion kit.
Player 1 really wants to play an 8-TIE swarm but only got 4 TIE Fighters worth of stuff.
Player 1 trades an extra Gunboat for 2 TIEs to Player 2, who really likes ordnance. Now player 1 has 6 TIEs and Player 2 has 3 (I think) Gunboats.
Player 3 loves "aces" and trades 2 more TIEs to Player 1 for an Interceptor. Player 3 has 3 Interceptors and Player 1 has 8 TIEs.

And so on and so forth so everyone has the ships they really want to fly without anyone having to buy extra kits. There's already lots of discussion/planning happening on the FFG forums and probably Facebook and local groups.

It really is the smart way to go if you do want to get into 2.0 "casually"; for $90 (MSRP; discounted almost everywhere I'm sure) you get the Core Set (new damage deck, new templates) and 1 conversion kit, which you can use to trade for exactly the ships you want to fly.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13