View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:00 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the Online Heroscape Organizers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola on 3/17/15
I would like to see the starting format randomized when doing an alternating format tournament.

To clarify, for example if you are doing alternating Army Draft-PYP (Pick your poison) then randomize which of those you are starting with for round 1 or round 1 of the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
OK, that makes sense. I'm not opposed in principle, however, I have a bias the other way. Not because I necessarily prefer Army Draft to PyP or Heat to Chaos, but because the former formats are (slightly) simpler or more familiar to our players than the latter formats. As such, it allows us to ease into the event a little more easily, particularly for the new players in a given event.
Is this a definitive statement and rule by dok? Or is it a matter of none of the other organizers care and dok has a bias one way so that's the way it will remain?

Just checking as there has been no change to the order in alternating formats, and I feel it's too bad because I typically find the PyP or Chaos of Battle formats more enjoyable. I also think as time goes by the benefit to the new player argument gets less relevant, but today may still be.