View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2021, 12:03 AM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I guess my question is - what's the mechanical purpose behind having a class change at all? Taking Splash's original idea, why not just do something like this -
- and skip the recruitment power entirely? I get the fun theme of them being Operatives, just not sure it's worth the mechanical weight.

I'm not really set on a lot of this, but if these designs are left as they are, unless Invisible Man is changed to Immoral, that version of the LoEG power doesn't cover this version of the League. And she also led the League made up of the Adventurer Orlando (who will likely have two personalities), the Detective Thomas Carnacki, and the Thief AJ Raffles.

So its easier to have it be a Ragtag-style class based recruitment. But again, I am fine with the word being something other than Operative. Agent of the Crown is kind of a fun, thematic mouthful in the style of the title, "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."