View Single Post
Old April 25th, 2021, 01:31 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Time for some new Approved Terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
I think this is a great idea! I think there could be some cool things to do with terrain. In regards to design, we could use the colored dots to represent their location on a map (because I think most would be on the top level) in VirtualScape for live builds, and can place it onto the top down view for online matches.

I've been feeling like despite the presence of soulborgs in the HeroScape universe, there is no real terrain to represent them. Imagine booster hexes that can add move if only used vertically (like the ones in the Halo videogame), force fields that don't block LOS but only allow heroes to move through them. And of course there's other characters that are represented as figures but without terrain - imagine feudal Japanese shrines that make figures within 1 or 2 hexes untargetable from non-adjacent attacks, WWII pillboxes like battlements (but without the height advantage they typically get), or Native American campfires that give adjacent figures +1 range.

I think what to be nice to have with this project is 1) a list of the different terrain ideas 2) a status for the terrain (design, playtesting, public feedback, editing like AotV uses) and 3) a card template that gives a simple rules description for what the terrain does in the vein of glyph cards.
Well said. Using the colored start zone dots is what HoSS uses for its destructible crates and turrets. Getting “official” support here is the only thing that is truly the problem with this idea. If there are enough people that want to do it, we should just do it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo