View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2018, 03:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
The TKN armies you've had success with I just honestly didnt't think about; they'd probably need their own category. Might be worth creating a "player speciality with important and subtle positioning decisions on both sides of matchup" archetype for your TKN and ISB3's Cutters

I definitely see my 2014 army as ping but mostly because the meta was a lot stronger then; I needed to never move Raelin and abuse Mimring's range to win games with only 3 Swogs. 2015 is a bit more offensively potent in close range and probably more of a fishing army than a ping army
Yeah Mimring qualifies as ping for sure, although the gruts themselves usually don't because the swogs often move once and stay stuck. Arrow Gruts bring their own particular flavor of important and subtle positioning decisions. I consider playing them basically every year (along with TKN, and 'trons, and my usual blended armies) but the only year I did is the only year I didn't make semis, so I manage to talk myself out of it.