View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cheshire II (Final Editing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
To be fair, I think you may be making it harder than it needs to be.

Things to consider:
• How often do Event Heroes get played?
• How many are there? ~35
• How many Event Heroes are either Android, Construct, or Undead thus don't matter? ~6/35 (7 if you throw in Mxyzptlk)
• ~20/35 Event Heroes are over 500 points(most well over). She's 190.
• Viper's Poisoned Strike is limited to Unique.
• ~20 Androids + ~10 Constructs + ~25 Undead + ~29 Event Heroes that are not one of those 3.
• Even with all the immunities, she's great against Over 90% of the library, and it will only grow as we expand even further.

I just feel like it's not really worth the frustration it's being made into. She's a cool design that is plenty draftable, fun, and I'd imagine rated at least a B+.

Pick an option that people have suggested, personally I still like Mr. Nobody's suggestion best:
Quote:
POISONED ARTS
Start the game with a green Poison Marker. If Cheshire rolls all skulls when attacking, and the defending figure is a Common, Event, or Squad figure, inflict a wound on that figure. If the defending figure is a Unique Hero that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead, you may place her Poison Marker on that figure's card. For the entire game, after taking a turn with a figure with a Poison Marker on its card, roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. At the end of the round, roll an unblockable attack die against a figure with a Poison Marker on its card. Cheshire is not affected by Poisoned Arts.
It means every time she rolls all skulls against an Event Hero, they take a wound(even after the marker is elsewhere). It's not one and done. If they are Unique, they get the marker. It's pretty straight forward and plenty usable and deadly both against Uniques, Event, and beyond.
I really like that take.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================