View Single Post
Old October 29th, 2021, 09:56 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I came across this show called The Liberator on Netflix last night and ended up watching the whole thing. It's more of a mini-series with just 4 episodes and no future seasons. If you liked Band of Brothers, you'll most likely like this as well. It's also a true account of a WWII unit that saw significant action in Europe. Starts out with them fighting in Italy, then later they land in southern France and fight their way into Germany.

The filming style is a little jarring at first as it uses some kind of hybrid real film and animation blend. The actors are all clearly real people acting out their parts, but then all the set dressing is animated (presumably to save a ton of money on not needing real world set/props). While I would have preferred an all live action experience, what they did wasn't a deal breaker for me and the story line itself was really good.
I loved The Liberator. Great little show.