View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2021, 04:20 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Utah Monthlies 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Yeah, Burnout was probably the most complicated format we've run (IMHO way more involved than the one we just did), and we had a lot of discussion on the inside on how we wanted it to work. That probably led to some natural divergence from Sir H's original ruleset/intentions, but that's also why I put up some FAQ's while gearing up for the event. I will say we've been going more experimental than usual lately. Since we're capped at 16 players right now, we've been using it as an opportunity to try formats we wouldn't usually try (like Burnout) since we know that on gameday we won't have 30 people showing up and asking questions at the same time.

If you have a preference on formats, please let us know! We can't please everyone, but if something just isn't enjoyable then that's valuable information. Also let us know what you do like so you can have a great time!
I’m not saying these more complex formats are a bad thing. They just might need a little more clarification at times. I’m a pretty experienced Heroscaper, and some of the stuff is a little fuzzy at times. Lesser experienced players may have more trouble with this but not say anything. Some may even be discouraged to go. It’s a tough sell for me to go down there because it’s a fairly decent bit out of the way and I usually have plenty of things to keep me busy otherwise. I don’t need catered to myself, and I don’t play too often anymore, so fairly simple formats or simple formats with a twist suit me just fine. Simple formats like, reverse the whip, hordes, and all the classic formats that are pretty cut and dry are all pretty exciting to me because it’s simple enough that I know what I’m getting into. With all the new players coming into the scene, revisiting classic formats isn’t a bad thing either.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo