View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Ninjak (Design Phase)

To give some insight on where I'm at with trying to reconcile:

I dislike the "Combat Movement" mismash. The name is super bland (not a dealbreaker). It feels complex in trying to combine three different things, which I feel we actively discourage in essentially all other cases. And the attempt to include the heel bomb from the glyph loses the effect and feels tacked on with the lack of ability to convey theme.

Tactical Improv is not one I'm comfortable ditching. When I looked at the movement power and the Shurikens sans Improv, my immediate response was "Bulkier Catwoman." I have no interest in this just feeling like a slightly modified version of another design we have.

To cycle back, Ninjak isn't Batman. And by that I mean, this is realistically the only shot he's going to have here. The "simplified" version you have there no longer feels close enough to the Ninjak of the solo title I loved, so I may completely reapproach everything but the Improv.