View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 'Scaper94's Original Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Cool start! But may I suggest trying out Mixcraft? It's fairly cheap for computer software ($70ish), and the sounds are much better. It doesn't have the notation power that Finale specializes in (I own the full version of Finale, as well), but I like it since you can edit any sounds and whatever so the actual music quality is decent right out of the program without needed a real orchestra or anything.
You just have to learn a bit about mixing rather than notating, but the ideas are the same. I wrote my Assimilation piece for C3G totally using Mixcraft. It takes getting used to not having a staff in front of you, but like I said, the piano roll works the same way.
Thanks for the suggestion! I just got the 14 day trial today, and I think it's already improving the sound quality (just enough for me to notice).

I updated the OP with my second and third pieces. Let me know what you all think!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Last edited by 'Scaper94; October 1st, 2012 at 09:28 PM.