View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 18 - ROUND 2

On to a slightly different issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Just got beat up by my my own Snipers. Violation is just too easy to camp on, and Crevcor throws it even more in their favor. 3 and 4 attack Snipers are really good.
At least he never got the repulsor bonus to boost it to 5 attack

In all seriousness, I had been joking before your game that Crevcor had been ignored in basically every game so far. But obviously snipers are the perfect army to take advantage of it, and that they did. That game was straight-up brutal. To some extent this was just a crazy matchup thing. Crevcor is not half that insane most of the time.

That said... in the future I don't think I will support us using Violation, at least in standard format games. The issue is the glyph locations. Because of the lava field, the glyphs need to be strong or they are just ignored. But the glyphs are set up in a way that one side has a much easier time defending one glyph than the other one. So if one glyph is more valuable in a given game, then it can really skew things.

I actually don't think Violation is that unbalanced most of the time in favor of camping, but when one side can camp near its glyph and force the action, it's bad. Maybe Violation can be adjusted to move the glyphs towards more evenly contestable locations, and we can use it in the future.

Anyway, sorry you guys had an unbalanced game. Lesson learned on all ends.