View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I also have to keep the gaming and hobbying on a lower scale, as it has caused problems with my wife, so adjustments had to be made.

It does get overwhelming with how much stuff we collect, right? I need to list more stuff on ebay, it's just a pain but needs to get done.
Understandable adjustment ... I've been lucky in this regard. While my wife has not been as into the miniatures games, she has gotten really into a number of fun board games and loves painting the miniatures, which doubles the pace at which I can get painted minis to the table.

I've been selling off and on thru Ebay and locally thru Facebook Marketplace (popular around here) ... When Ebay proves to be less than profitable (due to shipping or other issues), I've had positive trade-ins with Noble Knight Games (they pay for the shipping and increases our net gain compared to selling on Ebay ... and it's quick).
Thanks for the tip regarding Noble Knight Games, I may have to check that out in a pinch, though I'm not looking to get more board games in return. This past February, I did donate some games to be part of prize support for a local convention that raises money for veterans. I may do that again with some stuff, as at some point, it becomes too much hassle to try to sell a lot of games that won't bring much in return. I have also used FB marketplace before and may try that again too.

My wife hates games. And part of her issue stems back to my days with C3G and how obsessive I was in working there back in the day. From taking pictures of minis, to playtesting, to being on the computer so much for design and discussion. It pretty much made a negative impact on things on the homefront. So I have to reign myself in now and again when I get involved in hobby and game stuff. I was getting to involved with the painting, so I have slowed it down and kept it to certain times of morning or night.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon