View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Black Manta - Initial Design phase

One thing I had been trying to work on for a possible Black Manta design is a "death trap" power. It'd be thematic to a lot of different supervillains but, Black Manta being the one who killed Aquaman's son and not having much beyond being evil Iron Man, I can't think of a better design for it. Problem is I never quite refined it. Here's sort of what I had as a rough draft:

Quote:
DEATH TRAP or SUPERVILLAIN HOSTAGE
At the start of any round, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero. The chosen figure and Black Manta add 1 additional die when attacking each other with normal attacks. At the end of the following round, if the chosen figure is not adjacent to Black Manta, it receives 2 wounds.
Not perfect, but it gets the idea across I think. Essentially, it's Black Manta taking a hostage and forcing them into a death trap that Aquaman (or whichever hero you choose) has to save them from. I toyed with more complex mechanics, but this is the basic idea.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"