View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2021, 12:58 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Swogger's Custom Units (Updated 1-17-2020)

Okay, going through bit by bit, since you've got a lot of stuff:

Beawid: Looks like fun - Death Grip is worded a little strangely - the 'engaging' bit's throwing me off, since that has a specific meaning in Heroscape. Is it just +2 to his attack vs. those figures? I'd probably suggest taking wording off Denrick. The second part of the power's really cool, but a bit odd. Do you really mean that they can't move away from him via special powers... but can with their normal move? I don't quite get what you're trying to say here. His second power seems really cool, but again, a little confusing. The 'bonded' bit technically means nothing in HS lingo, but it's clear enough to me what you mean. Where are the figures placed when kept from dying? Where they were (in which case you can bypass that whole thing by just saying 'inflict one wound on Beawid and that figure is not destroyed')? Adjacent to Beawid (which needs spelling out)? Anywhere on the battlefield (which is crazy powerful)? Don't quite get it. Still, really fun looking unit - I really get that feeling of a Viking/Saxon mythic warrior, here, particularly off Death Grip. He looks strong.
Bondsmen of Gotland: First off, I love seeing more historical customs! However, the second power is really confusing. How long does the defence bonus last? It's clearly not for that turn, since they don't defend on their own turn. Until the next turn of the person who's playing them? Until their next turn as a squad? Needs a touch more thought and clarity here, but it's a cool concept.
Skae Mach: No clarity issues, but she seems really quite overpriced, IMO - she's both slow and fragile. Staff of Ulvania is nice, but Deadeye can do the same thing at a longer range without risk. Tame Beast is really evocative, but a bit 'counterdrafty' to my taste and, even in that counterdraft situation, is going to be unlikely to actually do much given the fairly high rolls required and the fact that it's going to take getting a really quite slow and fragile figure into combat with some real powerhouses. I'd up her power-level significantly or drop about 50 off her cost, but conceptually, she seems fun.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================