View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2007, 10:56 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
Maybe a good visual representation of the unit types would be a Cartesian graph with one axis representing what the unit returns in exchange for an order marker and the other representing what they do on the opponent's turn.
Wow, that would be pretty cool. (I'm picturing a scatterplot with offensive ability/order marker potency on the X axis, and passive abilities on the Y. Menacers would likely form a line right along 45 degree angle. Sharks would be way on the right. Defenders and Cheerleaders would hug the Y axis closely.) [Or even wackier still, do a 3 dimensional graph. X= Order Marker effectiveness, Y= Durability, and Z= Synergies offered. That would really help show why I split up the groups as I did.]
How about a combination of that graph with a little help from the Heroscape Visual Synergy Charts? Rank the units' X and Y effectiveness assuming that they're participating in their hard-wired synergies, and use color-coding or dotted lines to show that some of them won't perform as rated unless they fight together. So you won't need an arrow pointing from Raelin to all units, or Concan to all Knights, but the true synergies, like Blasts/Glads and Knights/Gilbert, would be indicated. Maybe also use the size and shape of the dots to indicate unique/common and ranged/melee....