View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2021, 11:52 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Dreadgul Raiders

In Heroscape, unless specifically written, you never announce anything in advance.
That's one rule that is overly misunderstood by the players when activating common squads.
To be all clear :

When activating an 3-figures common squad army card (valid for any number of figures in the squad of course) :
You don't have to declare anything in advance, consequently you commit yourself in activating a specific figure only once you've done something with it. So if you move with only 1 of them, nothing stipulates the 2 others that you activated.
The Berserk Charge stipulate "same" in the sense of "same activated figures", so you are constrained only for the 1 you already move, and have the choice for 2 others. It's here only to avoid that you move for instance 6 different Dreadgul Raiders, as this army card in not designed for a swarm-like gameplay as opposed to the Zombies and Ants.

--------
Why this was overlooked in the power/FAQ ?
Well, simply because there's very few cases where at momentum [T] you don't want to move fig. A but at momentum [T + a dice roll] you want to ! In fact the only case I see is if due to the first move, a moved figure is destroyed (Engagement Strike or Disengage ?).
--------

In conclusion, if you didn't move 3 figures with your initial move but only 1 for instance, then you are free to choose the 2 additional others you may want to move with the special power. And this is the case with any other special power in common squads (swarm-like powers, etc...): never feel like you are constrained in your squad figures choices unless you already did something with the total amount of figures (here, 3 for my example) allowed.

That's my personal point of view of course as I am not part of C3V design team, but I am pretty confident in such understanding : it's the same mindset that allows you to attack with a squad figure even if you did not move with it right before.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; November 25th, 2021 at 06:41 AM.