View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2012, 04:09 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Elaria the Pale

I just played a game using an army I built around Elaria. I played:

060 Elaria
200 Microcorp Agents x2
120 Nakita Agents
130 Knanti Smasher (My custom I was testing. He's not tricky, but he was the heavy hitter in my army, but had no direct synergy.)
510 Total

My opponent played:
160 Su-Bak-Na
030 Nagrubs
200 Dividers x4
120 Stingers x2
510 Total

I put my first OM on Elaria to position her. I spent the rest of the round positioning the Nakitas in key spots within 6 spaces of Elaria. The Microcorp and Knanti moved in next to fight off the Marro. The Marro focused on the Knanti causing him to die after two rounds of concentrated attacks. All of my agents remained in Elaria's Aura the entire game; there was no need to move out of it. The Microcorp made 4 saves that game, one with Elaria's help, by naturally rolling a 15, 15, 15, and 14, go Stealth Suit! In contrast, the Nakitas failed every roll. The Tricky Army won with Elaria and four Microcorp remaining.

Overall, Elaria was easy to position with 6 move and her 6 space aura. Queen of Thieves only helped once, saving a 33 point figure from Su-Bak-Na's wrath allowing him to kill SBN the next turn. Slippery 6 never activated because she was able to stay back from the action using the Knanti and Nakitas as a screen. I'd say she's worth her points and a fun figure to draft.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat