View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2016, 11:21 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers (MARS) Event Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_At_Arms
How much space will we have for Scape? I was thinking about refreshing the thread to advertise the event. It may not be a bad commute for New Yorkers or even those from Long Island. Let me know your thoughts. Even if we got one more commit that would round us to 6.
Chuck
That's a GREAT IDEA Chuck;

I'm sorry that I've been so pessimistic the past two weeks. I didn't want to be disappointed again after putting in a lot of work the past two events and getting very little response.

But now it looks like there will be at least FOUR of us, maybe 5 or 6, wanting to play some HeroScape ALL day. So I guess it looks like we're a *GO* for Saturday, October 15, 2016 at Park Church, in Tinton Falls, NJ and I will plan on it. Do you want to refresh the Hamilton Event thread with new information or start a totally new one to possibly gain a bigger audience?

For the FORMAT: Forget the "graveyard" thing I was blathering about above. Let's keep it simple. I like the traditional "Kill them all" with partial card scoring with *NO* Marvel, C3G, HoSS, HoME, or personal customes allowed. But ALL C3V units that have been 'semi-officially' approved and published on this HeroScapeRs site will be accepted.

I've been thinking that each player should bring FOUR (4x) totally separate Armies (in that no character figure can be duplicated in another Army). Each army should be no more than 500 points that fit on to no more than 24 hexes. The total point value comes to 2,000. No one will use the same army twice unless more player show up and we then have to go to a Fifth Game playoff. This way we will get to see a lot of different units in action, both in our own armies and in our opponents. You can even play the same person multiple times since you would both have a different army. I will bring a dozen different armies in case someone needs to borrow one or an onlooker wants to join in without having their own.

Regarding how much SPACE is available: The foyer / lobby of the church is plenty big enough. I was planning on TWO (2) 6' x 30" tables just for HS. They accommodate TWO (2) standard HS BoV type maps each. But I can even bring an extra table just in case. 2 tables x 2 maps each will allow up to 8 players simultaneously. Let's arbitrarily say each game is limited to 50 minutes. I will definitely bring at least two maps and if each of you bring one map or tiles to build one on the fly, that should be plenty. The player with the highest score will get the first choice of the available prizes (i.e. maybe cookies, etc.).

Reiterating . . .

LOCATION: The PARK CHURCH at #31 Park Road, Tinton Falls, NJ.
DIRECTIONS: If you come off the Garden State Parkway (Northbound OR Southbound) at Exit #105 for Eatontown, take the jug handle ramp on the right to make the left turn onto Hope Road heading north. At the first light (1/10th mile) turn LEFT at the Applebee's and continue 100 yards to #31 on the right. IMHO: it's very easy to get to.
DATE & TIME: Saturday, October 15th, 2016 - arrive and set up 11:00 AM Hope to be rolling dice by 12:00 NOON to play FOUR consecutive games of 45 - 50 minutes each with 10 minute breaks in between to tally scores and partake of refreshments. The church is providing some snacks and pizzas will be ordered at 5 o'clock-ish to then be sold by the slice.
COST: Since the church is "suggesting" a $10.oo per person donation, which will go toward the Easter Seals Foundation (one of our gamer friends in this Exit 105 Group, has this disease and is confined to a wheelchair - she's an amazing lady, I hope you get to meet her), ... I do not want to ask for any additional money, unless everyone was will to chip in another dollar or two. I have some extra figures I can donate as prize support (i.e. a Grimnak or Mimring, perhaps - haha - and some more C3V customs, maybe some lollipops too, etc.)
ACCOMODATIONS: There's an Applebee's across the street, a Mariott on the corner, a 7-11 around the block, Chinese Take-Out, and a Bogart's 1/4 mile away; and Monmouth Mall with over 100 stores, a huge food court and a dozen other restaurants is less than 2 miles away.

If you need any other information Post a query here or P.M. me and I'll get back to you.
Cheers.
~ John G.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE