View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2019, 05:48 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Casters of Valhalla

I was thinking we were talking all Stingers, or Stingers + a hero. Maybe Raelin, but I remember when Raelin was thrown in the discussion changed a bit so I think we were initially assuming without her. I personally wasn’t thinking Stingers + Rats, I think that’s a different army. But all are good imo. I like running each of those.

Also I wasn’t vocal in the cast when we briefly mentioned Draining. I actually don’t think I’m in the never-Drain camp anymore, or very-rarely-Drain camp, which is almost one and the same. I’ve done a little bit of experimenting with Draining frequently and it’s really interesting, it’s kind of like you build up tension on the sacrifice turns and strike back hard enough later to make up for it and often get more out of it. Like, you sacrifice position, give it to your opponent, and then destroy their position harder so it’s a net win. At least that’s how it’s felt in the few games I’ve consciously been testing it. Still need to play with it much more but I think Draining is worth looking into. Obviously there are times when you really shouldn’t and really should, but there’s quite a lot of grey area in between that’s up for consideration which usually gets dismissed. Raelin does help too.

I think I don’t put the Stingers with 4th Mass/Q9 in the too straightforward and boring category because of Draining...but never/rarely-Drain Stingers probably fall into that.