View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Reapersaurus - yep I've seen the hunting raptors (I had to go looking for them -- the post is on page 5 of the customs, but once I found them I remembered them from the HQ site).

I have reworked the Swamp Raptor card some.
1) changed the 20-die roll levels -- the expected outcome of the roll is that you will get to use 3 raptors (10% 1 raptor, 20% 2 raptors, 20% 3 raptors, 50% 4 raptors = 0.1x1 + 0.2x2 + 0.2x3 + 0.5x4 = 3.1 expected results) This also means if you have Marnak, you will always control at least 2 raptors.
2) changed pack attack to add 1 to attack for each adjacent instead of combine attacks
3) added evasive speed to help on the defense

In repsonse to your latest comments/suggestions:
1) I agree
2) Since they came 2 in a package, 3 or 4 is the same cost.
3) You are probably right -- but the wild nature makes the expected number you will control 3 each time you roll, so even though there are 4 they can be costed as a 3 unit squad.
4) We only use the calculator to get a starting estimate of the point cost - then we play test to see how it works. We have found it to be reasonable most of the time, but we do make adjustments as needed.

Here is the updated card posted in first post in this thread