View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2021, 06:07 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
Re: ScapeCon Vaccines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
We'll need people to commit by the end of this week to secure the ballroom.
We're going to want to push the marketing on this then. The sweet spot sounds like we need to hit 40 attendees at least, and we're at 25 + 11 if all the maybes can make it.

Ideas for how to expedite confirmations from people and getting the word out? Maybe make a post on social sites here and other places each day and tag relevant people? I could probably do a mid-week video for my channel. I definitely think a Front-Page announcement would be a good idea. I know @Xotli has been really helpful doing front page announcements, though @Xorlof could also do it, whoever see it first

Also, what happens in the event we only get 35 say by the end of the week, but we get like 50 confirmed by the time of the actual Con? Will the Hotel allow us to "update" our pricing?
We have a fixed price on the cost of the ballroom -- we need to purchase $xx dollars of food and beverage for free use of the ballroom from Wed. - Sun. It doesn't matter whether we have 35 or 50, the minimum food and beverage price is the same.

We don't have to inform the hotel of the exact menu and number of attendees until a few days before the Con. However, we need to sign a contract with non-refundable deposit soon. We then need to make additional deposits and pay in full prior to the Con. (Exact amounts and dates for deposits TBD.)

What we're thinking is that we will need people to make non-refundable deposits based upon the number of confirmed attendees and the maximum cost. (Hopefully min. attendees 30 -- max cost $385.) If we end up with 40 attendees, the cost drops to $290. If we get 45 attendees the cost per person drops somewhat but not much (the food and beverage charges per person are not inexpensive, but the tradeoff is the "free" ballroom usage.) And of course mathematically, this makes sense. At low numbers, each additional attendee drops the cost much more significantly than at higher numbers.

If we end up with extra money because people paid in full based on a lower number of expected attendees, and more people attend, we will either: upgrade food; refund money; or provide some combination of the two.

Again, we will have receipts/accounting for anyone at the Con to review. All we ask is that if we make a reasonable decision on food/beverage, people understand that we used our best judgment on what we thought was in the best interest of all attendees for the most enjoyable experience for the cost.