View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2020, 05:35 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Reverse the Whip Army Archetypes

I think I spend less time thinking about "how to make this hard to play" than some. I do want there to be at least two places to put "active" OMs most of the time, but I ignore even that sometimes. Both of my more recent TKN armies had a pretty weak alternative OM.

My main thought process is just thinking about potential matchups and whether my army is unusually good or unusually bad in specific matchups. My goal is to avoid unbalanced matchups as much as possible and be left with something that's kinda good against a lot of things. I am also looking to avoid reliance on particularly high-variance figures.

If I succeed in this, then it means fewer of my games will be decided by matchups or dice, and more will come down to quality of play.