View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2019, 04:30 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dilmir: A Tale of Feylund

For a long time, the tale of Dilmir looked a lot different than the version I've presented. Dilmir was a character from LBV, the fan fiction directly following the Quest for Valhalla. There, Dilmir was introduced as just another character who joined Dan on his quest to ultimately defeat Utgar. The introduction for Dilmir, which, following the pattern of LBV, took place on his home world of Feylund, caught my interest though. Hence this fan fiction.

Because of Dilmir's origins, the tale originally included a trip to Valhalla. I did try to write it several times, but eventually had to concede that Valhalla really had nothing to do with the tale. As far as I can tell from my ancient records though, this was the general sequence of events on Valhalla (spoilers for LBV):
Spoiler Alert!

The rest of the story followed the same general lines as this version, except for the end. For a long time, from the very beginning, I had a really strange ending in my head. Only when I got close to writing it, did I begin to realize that it didn't make any sense compared to the rest of the story. However, I'll relate it here. Mainly because TAF called it. So if you hate it, blame him. (Spoilers for this tale)
Spoiler Alert!

So that was the how the original tale of Dilmir went, which I have never before shared. Do you think the changes I made were good ones? Why or why not? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

~TGRF.

P.S. Also, concerning Astia, for a very long time, I had in my head a scene for a fan fiction, or maybe just a contest entry. (spoilers for LBV)
Spoiler Alert!