View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2019, 11:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] UNIT NAME (Crypolith) - Pod 0 - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Portable Panopticon has a nice alliteration to it, but I like Ancient Pillar because it could be from anywhere's distant past and also sounds more like it could be "unstable".
Ancient Pillar feels a little too generic to me. It reminds me of the Underdark being added beneath Valhalla, which I felt diluted its fantasy. At the very least if we go that route, I'd like to give them a unique Valhalla-sounding name to make it clear that they're some kind of structures from a desert region on the planet, rather than a random fantasy structure that could've been anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Panopticon would almost require a special effect of some kind. Keep it in mind for a scenario that takes place on Alpha Prime, maybe.
I think that whatever name and theme we go with for the towers should be consistent with how they're portrayed in scenarios. Perhaps we could add some simple additional rules to them if it makes sense, but I don't think we should say that they're sci-fi towers in one scenario and ancient artifacts in another.