View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Utah Monthlies 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Glyph question! @BiggaBullfrog , @Sir Heroscape , @Leaf_It

I tallied up all the spots...only two of the 20 maps (ignoring Embattled Fen, no builder) specifically have treasure glyphs listed. Do you want me to split the pile, random half maps have all treasure glyphs, the other half all power glyphs?
Not sure I follow....but if you’re suggesting that some maps have Treasure Glyphs placed on the map instead of power Glyphs then I would be against that. Map builders are usually building maps with the effect power Glyphs will have on games and making them Treasure Glyphs will change how some maps are played. I say put Treasure Glyphs only on maps that have them specifically designed for them and the rest have the power Glyphs they were designed with.
@BiggaBullfrog , @Sir Heroscape , @Leaf_It
Ah, but that's the thing--VirtualScape does not include treasure glyphs--they were never added. There's a custom graphics "cheat" that will turn a symbol-side up glyph gold, but that's it, unless designers specifically mention it. Almost all maps say, "Two Random glyphs," which to me can include treasure glyphs. What say you, usual organizers?
In my experience the “2 random Glyphs” is really referring to power Glyphs. Mapmakers will usually signify a T-glyph nowadays with a Brandar power side up glyph on a map. Power Glyphs are an important part of map design and balance and wouldn’t want to so easily trade them out. That said, yes Bigga I’d be fine with my map (It’s a Tree) having T-Glyphs. It’s a simple map where specifically for that design power Glyphs were more an afterthought than a focus. But a lot of the maps in the pool have power Glyphs to help balance the design.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22