View Single Post
Old July 26th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Forum Moderator

ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby! ChilliDog rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 100 lbs in 1 calendar year

Wow.

I had heard bits and pieces of this going for a while but I wasn't sure exactly what your story was. After reading it, all I can say is way to go, man! That's an amazing and inspiring tale and if I may say, you look great! The story gave me many "wow" moments and the pictures just did it again. Congratulations, markwars.

The part that really stood out for me, little as it may be, is when you mentioned getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night. I've had terrible sleep habits since I hit middle school and they seem to have gotten worse over the years. Now, granted I'm only 17 but I've been told over and over that this would catch up with me and I can't deny that I can feel it. My mother has pointed out many times and I've finally accepted that my sleep habits are the cause of a lot of "health" issues I may have. For example, it's usually pretty easy for me to get sick, even if it's just catching a cold. Also, the one thing that every teenager worries about, it can have an effect on your skin. Yes, pimples. These along with the constant feelings of laziness and exhaustion can really make you look at yourself and your habits. And the worst of it, and most relevant at the moment, is that I would get hungry when I stayed up late. So I'd eat, and I'd usually fall asleep right there, right after I ate. That's not such a good thing to do.

Last year I was at about 190 pounds in December. Which didn't seem TOO bad, but it certainly was above average. It wasn't hard at all to believe, seeing as I was always too tired to do anything to active and every night I ate right before falling asleep. It was about this time that I started taking advantage of my school's new weight room. I'd stay after school about 3 days a week and hit up the gym. Everyone was very helpful and encouraging and I had a workout set up in no time. I followed that until the end of the school year. I got back down to an average weight and, my favorite result, built up some serious guns. I just looked and felt fit in every way. And it's an awesome feeling.

When you feel like that it's hard to do things like you used to. I noticed immediately after I started that my eating habits changed. Instead of going to McDonald's all the time, we'd go to Subway, or grab a salad. Working out also got me on a normal sleep schedule. I'd be worn out from the gym so it was easy to get to bed at a decent time. I was really loving it.

And then summer came. I haven't been to the gym once. I did check out the schedule, I know when I COULD go, I just don't. Also, although I'm getting over 8 hours of sleep on most occasions, I'm staying up until early morning. I mean, it's been like 8-9 am a few times (lucky I usually don't work until later). My schedule is all out of whack and in my opinion, just ridiculous. And now it's hard to break those habits. I look different, and although I'm still at an average weight and all, I don't feel at all in shape. It used to be easy, when I was younger I played sports year round. Now that I have to make an effort I'm just not doing it.

Reading your story just made all this seem so...petty. It's embarrassing, really. What am I crying about? I'm a kid, and the only thing stopping me from doing anything is just me being lazy!

So thank you, Markwars. I haven't gotten this all out before and it feels good to speak my mind. As you can see your story has inspired a lazy 17 year old to get off his butt and quit complaining. Reading this just made the tick go off in my head.

Thank you sir, and again congrats!

Guess who's back, back again? Chilli's back. Tell Skahen.