View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: How will C3V units affect the Metagame?

On this topic, if Gencon organizers wanted to enforce the clock, @Infected Sloth might have lost to @Matthias Maccabeus in the semi-finals (I heard that game took >3 hours) but our esteemed players were willing to sit it out. Although I have had a few games end on time that most likely could have gone otherwise if we played longer, I have only once felt this was deliberate, but even then they "ran around the board" during their turn, and did not play slower or sit and wait. But on to the topic at hand:

In Dayton I played a couple tournaments well using C3V/SoV figs and it angered a few players as they though what I or others brought was overpowered (not just my skills at the game ) but I may have gamed the system a little in some of the formats knowing that some C3V armies would do better. Since most people there are new to heroscape and only a few people there frequent Heroscapers I think they were just surprised by them.

I think a lot depends on the scene though. At Louisville a lot of the players there have been playing for awhile and are pretty familiar with C3V/SoC (ahem @NecroBlade ) so people are not afraid to bring the stronger C3V/SoV based armies. I do feel that it has slightly changed even what people bring when it does not contain custom scape - more multi-attackers or ways to counter multi-attackers. Overall I think it good. Can't wait till Gencon has an official even that allows C3V/SoV.