View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 08:00 AM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

[quote=Hahma;2178313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Yeah, it seems balanced for the most part. However, like I said before, sometimes player count can affect a certain faction's difficulty level, as well as the player board they get dealt. But that's fine to me, as it makes the factions not feel samey to themselves every game, sometimes you have more or less of a challenge. Also, other player play styles will affect things too.

I have found Saxony the most difficult of the starting 5 factions. But then I read on BGG that one thing they may thrive at is ending the game early. So if you can get yourself high enough on the popularity track and control a decent amount of territories, then being able to end it before others get their engine really going could help them. Ways they can end early is getting early star for combat and later on after getting 3 more stars from other things, plan to have a 2 combat turn where you are in good shape to win both. Bam! Game over and leave others saying, "but I just needed a few more turns!"

The Wind Gambit is a neat expansion as well, as the airshipscan add some new things to the game, as well as there being a lot of different ending condition tiles you can use to randomly draw at the start of the game to change up the ending condition when you want to mix things up once in a while. Will add a lot of replayability. Though, you need to get it played initially first
Yeah, only having two games under my belt, I don't have a feel for any of the factions. In fact, when we played, we didn't even randomize the faction mats. We typically sit in the same spots at the table and our faction choices were decided strictly by which ones were in easy reach . We did randomize the player mats though.

I absolutely plan on getting Wind Gambit too. It's just that I want to get the other expansion first. I would love to eventually get everything for this game, even those sweet metal coins and fancy resource tokens.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.