View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM

streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness streaky2007 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HellboyScape - Hellboy Universe cards for HeroScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl View Post
First of all, I really like the way your artwork closely resembles Garada's cards. I would prefer ability titles be bolded to make them stand out.

I can't comment on cost (though Steam Guardian seems under costed at 25 due to its Defense 7), and I won't flag capitalization items.

On to the specific units:

Looks good:
Yakuza Bodyguard
Steam Guardian

William Grenier
Spelling in Grenier Curse: destroyed (2nd occurrence), destructible

Vladimir Giurescu
I love the mechanic behind Light of the Full Moon!
I think the order of the abilities should be swapped, as Light of the Full Moon takes place at the end of the turn.

Tom Manning
I think the d20 results would be easier to read if formatted in bullet format. See Garada's Tinker for an example.

Surtr
This might also be a good candidate to swap the order of the abilities.

I think this would be cleaner mechanically if you simply state that at the end of the round, roll one attack die against each figure adjacent to Surtr. So you would have:

Quote:
INTENSE HEAT
Figures roll one less attack die when attacking Surtr with a normal adjacent attack. At the end of each round, roll one attack die for each figure adjacent to Surtr. If you roll a skull, that figure takes a wound. Liz Sherman and figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by Intense Heat.
Shinigami
Phantom Walk: "and is never attacked" instead of "are" (Actually, this might be ok due to the fact you might draft multiple figures.)

That's all for now.
Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback! I've changed William Grenier, Vladimir Giurescu and Tom Manning accordingly. I like keeping Intense Heat first on Surtr because the first line refers to figures attacking him, and I like to have defensive powers first because people may not read the card through properly until their turn. I agree that the wording for Intense Heat could be abbreviated, but its taken straight from the Volcarren Wasteland rulebook - the intent being that being adjacent to him is the same as being on a lava field space. As for Shinigami, I believe that to be the plural form as well as singular, and as you pointed out, common figures are intended to be drafted in bulk.

Thank you so much for looking at these and helping to make them better!