View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2007, 11:09 AM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
Now that we have Cyprien, why would anyone ever draft Sudema? I thought she was way overpriced to begin with, and now with Cyprien at only 10pts more, Sudema seems to be forever cast to the gutters... unless they create a bonding squad for her.

Cyprien is much faster, more durable, more flexible, can heal himself, and actually causes the opponent fear when brought to the field of battle... whereas, whenever I see Sudema being brought against me, I usually think "sweet, there's an easy 140pts to kill..."

And of course, if you draft Sonya in your army with Cyprien, he is almost as good at "auto kill" against many units on a 18-20 roll, compared to Sudema's 17-20 roll....

The only big difference is that Cyprien can't chill touch a soulborg... But then again, against someone like Q9, Q10, etc... Sudema would NEVER get within 4 spaces of them anyway, as they would range her to death long before that happened...

I wanted to like Sudema, and she's had some good kills in our games, but at 140pts, she's too expensive for a low life, low defense, slow moving, bondless hero.

It's really too bad that the entire Heroes of Trollsford set is pretty worthless, IMHO.

Sudema is cool thematically, but just not worth her points.
I take it Morsbane has never whacked your army with his Rod of Negation? He is worth his 100 pts, IMO. Unfortunately, Sudema has not worked as well.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo